Commercial, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - January 23, 2023
Astellas Pharma’s Goals Approved by SBTi
Astellas Pharma Inc. announced that the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) has validated and approved its GHG emissions reduction targets.
Reducing environmental burden is one of the company’s strategic goals in its Corporate Strategic Plan 2021.
"For society and Astellas to continue to grow sustainably, we recognize that we need to be conscious of the issues affecting our planet and climate change," said Kenji Yasukawa, President and CEO, Astellas in a statement. "Climate change is one of our key issues to address. SBTi certification represents significant progress on environmental sustainability for us under our Corporate Strategic Plan 2021, and we are determined to achieve these goals."
Astellas' revised its targets and commits to reducing absolute Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions by 63% by FY2030 from the FY2015 base year. The company also commits to reducing Scope 3 GHG emissions by 37.5% by FY2030 from the FY2015 base year.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- General Motors, 24/7 Carbon-Free Matching, and Community Solar Added to REF Agenda
- Weekend Reads: Renewables Pit Google Against Utilities; Wind Power on Mars
- Saint-Gobain Signs PPA for 145 Sites
- Weekend Reads: All About COP27; Wind Power Makes Its Debut in the Gulf of Mexico