Commercial, Finance, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - October 23, 2017
Emerging green tariffs in regulated markets
As more and more businesses set renewable energy targets, their need for additional clean power — and strategies and mechanisms for obtaining it — have created pressure on their utilities and power providers to explore new ways of helping their large business customers. Green tariffs, or riders, are an emerging option for customers in markets where there is no functional retail electricity choice to access fixed-price renewable energy.
As the number of utility-offered green tariff programs continues to grow, this updated, September 2017 report from the World Resources Institute in partnership with the World Wildlife Fund offers an updated list of emerging green tariff proposals and offerings for commercial and industrial customers in regulated markets in the United States.
Offered by local utilities and approved by state public utility commissions (PUCs), these programs allow eligible customers to buy both the energy from a renewable energy project and the RECs. Since the first green tariff was proposed by NV Energy in 2013, 17 green tariffs in 13 states have been proposed or approved, according to the updated report. Download it below for details on all of them.
- Emerging green tariffs in regulated utility markets
- Renewable Energy Buyers' Principles adds 6 new participants to growing list of large-scale names
- Utility green tariffs on the rise, new report finds
- Creating Renewable Energy Opportunities
- Power Forward 3.0: How the largest companies are capturing business value & addressing climate change
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - the benefits of distributed energy resources for your business
- Insights from the 2019 Innovation Summit
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business