Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - February 14, 2019
Carolina Panthers add solar to stadium
Installation will begin within the next few weeks to add solar panels on the Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, NC, home of the Carolina Panthers. The panels are being added to reduce energy costs as well as the stadium's carbon footprint.
The installation is being done by POWERHOME Solar. "Bank of America Stadium has created several sustainability goals, including using renewable energy," said Scott Paul, vice president of stadium operations, Bank of America Stadium. "POWERHOME Solar's use of American-made solar panels and its local roots made it the ideal partner to help 'green' the stadium."
In 2018, the NFL joined the Green Sports Alliance to support sustainability efforts across the entire league.
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- A Comparison of Fuel Choice for Backup Generators
- Capturing the Full Value of Renewable Energy for Businesses in ERCOT
- Benchmarking and Transparency: Resources for State and Local Leaders
- Establishment Labs Deploys Microgrid to Maintain Manufacturing Operations During Grid Outages
- EV100 Progress and Insights Annual Report