Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - May 14, 2019
Indianapolis Colts go green
The Indianapolis Colts will begin installing solar panels at the Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center, the team’s headquarters and practice facility, in the upcoming months.
"The Colts are committed to decreasing our energy use and becoming more sustainable throughout the organization," said Pete Ward, Colts chief operating officer, in a statement. "In addition to making our facility 'greener,' operating in a sustainable manner by using technology such as solar panels makes good business sense. Facilities that are more environmentally focused become more financially sound."
POWERHOME Solar, will install the solar panels, making the Colts facility the fifth NFL franchise to utilize the company to help meet their sustainability goals.
According to the statement, the Colts already boast several sustainability initiatives for gamedays at Lucas Oil Stadium including food rescue, recycling, the use of biodegradable service ware, sourcing from local farmers and a commitment to lowering energy use.
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business
- White paper: Demand-Side Energy Management in the U.S. Manufacturing Industrial Sector
- DE Forum Presentation: How Cinemark makes DERs work, both as a property owner and a tenant
- DE Forum Presentation: Charting a course for DERs at Tyson
- Green Lease Leader: Green Leasing Spurs Efficiency Improvements in Cleveland Businesses and City Building