Commercial, Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - August 26, 2019
SED’s RE Sourcing Forum program expanded
Smart Energy Decisions has announced the addition of several special sessions to their upcoming Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum, set for September 16-18 at the Ponte Vedra Beach Club & Inn, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. Buyer registration closes Wednesday, August 28, and supplier sponsorships are sold out.
The agenda is led by keynotes from representatives from Cargill and Bank of America, as well as sessions featuring Verizon, Mondelez International, Sprint, and Cinemark as well as an exclusive presentation of highlights from SED’s third annual RE Sourcing Study sponsored by ENGIE.
SED’s Founder and Editorial Director, John Failla said “We’re excited about what is clearly our strongest program ever featuring corporate renewable energy buyers from eleven large electric users who will share their respective journeys with renewable energy sourcing. Additionally, the new peer-to-peer sessions will add significant value to attendees experience."
Now in its third year, the Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum is a proven platform providing renewable energy buyers with information, connections, and solutions necessary to create and execute a successful renewable energy sourcing strategy. An exclusive and highly rated element of the Forum is the one-to-one meetings between renewable energy buyers and leading industry suppliers.
The final agenda for this corporate buyer-focused event includes:
- “Using analytics to mold your RE sourcing strategy” presented by Edison Energy
- A panel on “Going global with RE sourcing” with Ryan Spies, director of sustainability, energy & stewardship, Saint-Gobain; Rob Threlkeld, global renewable, regulatory and commodity supply manager, General Motors, and Todd Wheeler, global energy & sustainability management, Cisco Systems
- “The evolution of renewable energy sourcing” an executive interview with Sayun Sukduang, president and CEO, ENGIE Resources
- Cargill’s Eric Hoegger, director of global renewable energy on “Creating a global RE sourcing strategy."
- “Look who switched to renewables: Sprint’s journey to lower emissions,” featuring Amy Bond, Sprint’s energy and sustainability program manager.
- "Moving beyond VPPAs" an interview with Ben Chadwick, executive director of renewables origination, Constellation Energy
- Bank of America’s Beth Wytiaz SVP, global environmental operations manager, on their “Innovative onsite solar initiative”
- “Opportunities in renewable energy sourcing”, presented by Schneider Electric, featuring Art Justice, vice president of energy and sustainability, Cinemark
- “Pathways to achieving global emission reduction targets: Mondelez International’s journey” will join Erika Vasconcellos, global environmental manager, Mondelez International in conversation with Sarah Penndorf, director, Energy & Climate Practice, 3Degrees
- “Solar-plus-storage: Key drivers and considerations for execution,” presented by SunPower
- "Cities driving RE sourcing: three approaches," with Nick Brown, city energy manager, City of Phoenix; Lara Cottingham, chief of staff of the Administration and chief sustainability officer, City of Houston, and Emily Schapira, executive director, Philadelphia Energy Authority
- “Navigating the key risk factors of VPPAs” with Brad Christensen, managing director of risk management products, Calpine Energy Solutions
- "Opportunities in renewable energy sourcing," presented by Schneider Electric
- “Regulatory hot spots,” a special presentation by Brianna Esteves, senior associate, state policy, Ceres
The expanded pre-forum program includes peer-to-peer sessions “Peer2Peer Masterminds,” a session for buyers only, offering an opportunity for networking, mentor match-ups, and addressing key issues identified by corporate buyers. “Market Intelligence for Suppliers,” a suppliers-only session, will feature a presentation of data and trends by Kyle Harrison, analyst, Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF), as well as an exclusive look at results from the survey completed by corporate buyers attending the event,
Pre-forum workshops include "Getting started in renewable energy sourcing," presented by Schneider Electric, and “Advanced topics in renewable energy sourcing," presented by Kyle Harrison of BNEF and sponsored by Calpine Energy Solutions will also feature an exclusive first look at results of Smart Energy Decisions’ 3rd annual Renewable Energy Sourcing Study.
Before the Forum opens on Monday, a golf outing is planned for Sunday afternoon on the Lagoon Course at the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club.
Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum supplier sponsorships are sold out. Suppliers at the event, who will participate in one-to-one meetings with energy buyers, will be led by Edison Energy as presenting sponsor. REC Solar, 3Degrees, Constellation, ENGIE, Schneider Electric, SunPower, and Calpine Energy Solutions as platinum sponsors; NRG Energy, EDF Renewables, APEX Clean Energy, Direct Energy, Enel Green Power, Recurrent, LevelTen Energy, NextEra Energy, Avangrid Renewables, Shell, Enel X, 8minute Solar Energy, TXU Energy and Dynergy, Distributed Solar Development (a GE Renewable Energy venture), Lincoln Clean Energy, Brookfield Renewables, Origis Energy, and BayWa r.e. as gold sponsors, while silver sponsors include AEP Energy, EnterSolar, Enerparc, Clearway, E.on, EDP Renewables, Urban Grid Solar, sPower, Sunpin Solar, Marathon Capital, MP2 Energy, Geronimo Energy, Stem, Terra-Gen, and Capital Power as silver sponsors.
The Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum is an invitation-only event open to qualified energy management, sustainability, and facility management executives. A limited number of places remain available for these energy buyers. To request an invitation to attend as a buyer, or for more information, click here.
- Cargill, Bank of America to lead RE Sourcing Forum
- RE Sourcing Forum: Final agenda set
- Insights from SED’s 2019 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum
- Goldman Sachs, City of Phoenix to keynote Spring RE Sourcing Forum, SED adds Winter edition
- Kingspan joins supply chain initiative; Cities and Utilities join RE Sourcing Forum
The value of Smart Energy Decisions' events, your success is our business.