Demand Management, Distributed Generation, Sourcing Renewables - October 29, 2019
Direct Energy launches program to increase RE accessibility
Direct Energy announced Oct. 29 a new endeavor to focus on renewable and sustainable energy solutions for customers through the creation of a specialized group, Renewable Energy Services.
The new program will provide customers with services such as bundling commodity supply with renewable energy supply, working directly with Direct Energy on a renewable energy strategy, analyzing risk management, support for working with developers on long- and short- them purchasing options, behind-the-meter PV solar support and more.
According to Direct Energy Business , the range of renewable energy services are meant to bridge the gap between the increasingly complex renewable energy targets of their customers and the renewable energy projects of the developers supplying the power.
This new program will be headed by Dave Grupp, a 14-year member of the Direct Energy team. Renewable Energy Services will be partnering with their sister-company, Centrica Business Soultions, to increase customers' resiliency through solar power generation and battery storage, energy efficiency services and demand response.
“The creation of this group ties back to Direct Energy Business and our parent company’s vision of a lower carbon future,” John Schultz, president Centrica North America and Direct Energy Business, said in a statement. “By making renewable energy strategies easier for our customers, we can not only help the environment, but also contribute to our customer’s sustainability goals that are quickly becoming a top priority for large and small businesses alike.”
The launch of this program follows other initiatives in renewable energy that Direct Energy has rolled out over the last year. In July, they signed a long-term PPA with Canadian Solar for a 23 MW solar project in Southern Alberta, and in February they signed onto a 75 MW solar project with Sunpin Solar in Mecca, Calif. Future renewable energy projects that Direct Energy has in the works includes ones in Texas, the PJM territory, Virginia and beyond.
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- Sprint to power all VA operations with renewables
- Amazon, AT&T, IKEA, others join electric vehicle alliance
- Iron Mountain expands to 100% RE in Texas and Illinois
- Achieving maximum benefit from energy management
“Today’s Leaders. Tomorrow’s Heroes.”
Jana Ganion, Blue Lake Rancheria
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Cisco's Global Energy and Sustainability Journey
- Research: The State of IoT and Smart Buildings
- 2019 NRG Sustainability Report
- Rapid Microgrid Deployments for Emergency Preparedness: Powering field hospitals for COVID-19 and beyond
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Climate Action in the Energy Capital of the World