Commercial, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - March 16, 2020
U.S. Offshore Windpower Economic Impact Assessment
The U.S. offshore wind industry is set to deliver significant economic benefits over the next decade, according to the new report, U.S. Offshore Wind Power Economic Impact Assessment, released by the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA). In addition to providing clean, affordable, and reliable power, AWEA estimates that developing 30,000 MW of offshore wind along the East Coast could support up to 83,000 jobs and deliver $25 billion in annual economic output by 2030.
Market projections anticipate 20,000 to 30,000 megawatts (MW) of offshore wind capacity will be operational by 2030, representing up to $57 billion of investment in the U.S. economy. The offshore wind industry is poised to build on the massive growth experienced by its land-based counterpart.
Download the report to explore new opportunities set to be created by the rapid expansion of offshore wind:
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness
- Selecting a Renewables Project: Evaluate Risk vs. Reward