Commercial, Finance, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - April 29, 2020
Nestle UK reaches 100% RE with new wind PPA
Nestlé UK announced April 27 that they have signed a 15-year PPA for 31 MW from an offshore wind farm that will supply 50% of their power consumption in UK operations.
This agreement will ensure that all of Nestlé UK’s energy use is covered by clean energy PPAs. The UK subsidiary of the food and beverage company signed the agreement with Ørsted and will receive the clean power from the company’s 573 MW Race Bank Offshore Wind Farm. Starting May 1, 2020, Nestlé UK will purchase 125 GWh annually from the project.
“I'm incredibly proud that at Nestlé we are doing the right thing to play our part in reducing climate change,” Nesté UK CEO Stefano Agostini said in a statement. “With our partnership with Ørsted we are now able to cover 100 % of our electricity from wind power, another huge milestone in our efforts to become a sustainable business.”
The Race Bank Offshore Wind farm comprises 91 Siemens Gamesa 6 MW wind turbines.
Smart Energy Voices Podcast
Episode 4: The Purpose Driven Organization
with Jeff Fromm and David Smart
- Retail Suppliers are Changing the Game for Renewable Energy Buyers
- Being an Energy Superhero in Challenging Times: Maximizing Value through Active Retail Portfolio Management
- A Microgrid For Your Business is More Important Now Than Ever. Find out why.
- Is the Virtual Power Purchase Agreement the best path to achieving your sustainability goals?
- Shape-shifting: Why a turbine’s shape is your most important asset