Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - March 25, 2021
Hyundai partners with Electrify America to provide free EV charging to car buyers
Hyundai Motor America announced March 17 that it will provide free fast-charging on Electrify America’s network for owners of its 2021 Kona Electric and Ioniq Electric models.
Drivers of these Hyundai models will have access to 250 kWh of free charging at each location, the equivalent of about 1,000 miles of driving range.
“We know EV interest and sales are expanding, nationwide and more people are adding chargers to their homes every day,” Olabisi Boyle, vice president of Product Planning and Mobility Strategy at Hyundai Motor North America, said in a statement. “Our Kona and Ioniq EV owners are getting additional peace of mind when heading out on longer trips with prepaid access to Electrify America’s national fast-charging network. Electrify America’s DC fast chargers more than meet the Kona and Ioniq’s higher power charging capabilities.”
Users will also have access to an Electrify America mobile app that helps them find one of the 2,400 charging stations in the network and start a charging session. Each charging location has between three and ten individual DC fast chargers.
- Research: The State of Vehicle Fleet Electrification
- The ABCs of Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
- How Energy Technology Reduces Consumption and Spend: Fleet Electrification
- Decarbonizing Supply Chains: Collaboration and Renewable Energy Strategies
- Sustainability Strategy: Two Ways to Decarbonize Natural Gas