Utilities, Regulation, Solar - July 1, 2022
Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
The new whitepaper from Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), "Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms," discusses the various opportunities utilities and regulators have to standardize, automate, and clarify interconnection procedures and policies.
“If we don’t make major strides on interconnection reforms in the next few years, it will be impossible to achieve our more aggressive state and national clean energy goals,” said Sean Gallagher, vice president of state and regulatory affairs at SEIA. “Improving project interconnection must become an urgent priority for the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, distribution utilities, and state commissions if we want to build an equitable clean energy economy this decade.”
Download this whitepaper from SEIA to understand the threat to state of federal decarbonization goals and to explore a series of reform principles, as well as near-term and longer-term interconnection reform recommendations.
- 2022 State of Decarbonization Report
- White Paper: Drive Resiliency through your Energy Infrastructure
- How Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are Changing the Energy Industry
- The Social Impact of Renewable Energy Projects: Classrooms to Careers
- McDonald's 2021-2022 Purpose & Impact Reporting