Commercial, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - March 20, 2023
Canada Municipalities Sign Wind Energy Agreements
Three wind energy agreements in Canada were signed by Regional County Municipality of Témiscouata, Regional County Municipality of Montmagny and the Regional County Municipality of Granit to increase the use of renewable energy.
EDF Renewables North America announced that Hydro-Québec selected three of its wind projects representing 570 megawatts (MW) for wind energy supply contracts under two calls for tenders launched in December 2021.
The projects are scheduled for commissioning in December 2026.
- Madawaska Wind Project: 270 MW in partnership with Alliance de l'énergie de l'Est and Hydro-Québec located in the Lower St. Lawrence region in the Regional County Municipality of Témiscouata.
- Forêt Domaniale Wind Project: 180 MW in partnership with Alliance de l'énergie de l'Est located in the Chaudière-Appalaches region in the Regional County Municipality of Montmagny.
- Haute-Chaudière Wind Project: 120 MW in partnership with the Regional County Municipality of Granit located in the Eastern Townships region.
The selected projects, as follows, will contribute to meeting EDF’s CAP 2030 strategy which aims at doubling its global net renewable energy capacity from 28 GW to 60 GW, between 2015 and 2030:
"The Alliance de l'énergie de l'Est is proud to continue its collaboration with EDF Renewables, this time for the implementation of the Madawaska and Forêt Domaniale wind projects that are beneficial to the communities," said Michel Lagacé, President of the Alliance de l'énergie de l'Est in a statement. "The trust established with our partners allows us to foresee the long-term success of the projects, in addition to ensuring their sustainability and profitability. Our intention is to optimize the economic, social and environmental impact of the projects on the territories where they are implemented."
- Conveyor Belt to Energy Savings: an adidas Case Study
- Storytelling for sustainability: It's time for corporate leaders to gather 'round the campfire
- Filling the gap: How efficiency standards could save billions in commercial real estate
- Putting the pieces together: Building an energy management program to drive value
- Best Buy, Tesla, PepsiCo among 100+ organizations to host EDF Climate Corps fellows