Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - June 7, 2023
Community Solar for the Retail Sector
Investing in community solar has become a viable option for large companies looking to help spur the development of localized renewable energy, while also making progress toward their own climate and social equity goals. The "Community Solar for the Retail Sector" fact sheet from Better Buildings explains how retail sector participation in community solar enables subscribers to realize benefits, such as reducing their electricity costs, while also supporting clean, local energy.
The fact sheet offers examples of how retail companies, including Starbucks, Kohls, and Walmart, are acting as anchor tenants and offtakers to support community solar.
Download this Fact Sheet to explore pathways for retail companies to engage in community solar:
- Starbucks moves higher in EPA green power ranks
- New wind will give energy to Walmart, Smithfield Foods, Starbucks
- Power Forward 2.0: How American Companies Are Setting Clean Energy Targets and Capturing Greater Business Value
- Walmart cut emissions 7.7% since 2015
- Starbucks, Gap, Bloomberg, Salesforce and others to receive power from new solar project