Infographic: The Energy-Resilient City
Categories: Energy Efficiency, Microgrids, Sourcing Renewables
Date Published: 5/24/2019
Source: Better Buildings
Primary Topic: Energy Efficiency
Better Buildings' Efficiency-Resilience Nexus discusses resources for organizations across different sectors of a city - from offices and apartments to manufacturing facilities and stores - to build resilience and increase their ability to bounce back from natural disasters and other stressors. These resources can be used to minimize vulnerabilities to climate-related impacts through resilience planning, implementing new energy technologies, and decreasing energy demand in facilities.
Energy efficiency measures are a powerful complement to onsite energy generation and storage, as they can significantly reduce the necessary size and cost of installing backup power systems, and can increase the usefulness of existing backup power.
Download the infographic to learn about the different ways a city can incorporate resilience:
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Lockheed Martin of 2025 - Future of Energy Management
- Solar and Electric Vehicles (EVs): What is there to know?
- Infographic: The Energy-Resilient City
- 2019 State of Demand-Side Energy Management in North America
- Walmart's inaugural ESG Report
- A look at this summer's Texas electricity market