Accelerate Philly Insights
Categories: Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions
Date Published: 2/28/2020
Source: Smart Energy Decisions
As we look forward to the Smart Energy Decisions Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum in Ponte Vedra, Florida, June 15-17, let's take a look back at our most recent event, Accelerate Philly.
As our first city-specific event, Accelerate Philly brought together large electric power users from the 11-county Philadelphia region, including commercial, industrial, institutional and government sectors, along with suppliers and utilities. Developed in association with the Philadelphia Energy Authority, the event showcased best practices and opportunities to make the city's bold energy vision a reality. Accelerate Philly was held at the Logan Hotel in Philadelphia on December 9-10, 2019.
This Insights report, part of our continuing series, offers excerpts from each general session to give you a taste of the thought-provoking content, as well as the spirit of collaboration in evidence throughout the event. Presentations include:
- "Welcome to Philadelphia" from City Council Member-At-Large Derek S. Green and City Council President Darrell L. Clark
- "Powering our future: A clean energy vision for Philadelphia" with Christine Knapp, City of Philadelphia and Emily Schapira, Philadelphia Energy Authority
- “Customer success stories from the Philadelphia region" with representatives from Temple University, Wells Fargo Comcast Center, Comcast Spectacor, and Saint-Gobain
- "Inspiring diversity in energy" with Carolyn L. Green, Casa Verde Energy Services and Darlene Phillips, PJM
- "A vision for renewable energy sourcing partnerships" with Sayun Sukduang, ENGIE North America
- 2019 Accelerate Philly Awards
- "The Future of renewable power" with Jay Carlis, Community Energy and Adam Agalloco, City of Philadelphia
- "How to Thrive in a changing legislative environment" with Thomas P. Szarawarski, Jr., Edison Energy
- "An update from PJM" with Andrew Levitt, PJM
- "Strategies to simplify energy management" with Clint Zediak and Samir Das, WGL Energy
Download the Accelerate Philly Insights report to uncover the breadth and depth of energy topics covered at the event. Be part of the excitement by joining us at the Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum at the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club in Ponte Vedra, Florida, June 15-17. Interested energy management and sustainability executives can submit an application to attend at this link; interested suppliers can submit an application here.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- Insights from the 2021 Virtual Innovation Summit
- Supplier Spotlight - The Future of EV Fleets: Overcoming Challenges for Unparalleled Benefits
- Smart Energy Decisions' 2021 Sustainability Report
- Profiles in Partnership: Mainspring & SED: Using Webinars to Generate Leads for New Technologies
- Roadmap to Sustainability: Does Your Business Have a Plan in Place?
- Sustainability @ Bucknell Update