Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Storage, GHG Emissions, Solar - December 2, 2022
Fort Bragg - 50001 Ready Facility
The U.S. Army Garrison Fort Bragg in North Carolina handles critical missions, often on tight schedules, and so requires resilient, reliable, and sustainable energy delivery. This Project Showcase from the U.S. Department of Energy details a series of initiatives implemented to achieve these goals.
Among the projects implemented were a floating solar array and battery storage system, and a partnership with Lawrence Berkeley National Lab in implementing the DOE 50001 Ready program to deploy an energy management system compliant with ISO 50001, the global best practice standard around energy management systems.
Explore this Project Showcase to understand how the 50001 structure led to an increase in both energy and water efficiency:
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Smart Energy Decisions Announces 2023 WISE Award Winners
- Weekend Reads: US emissions 2022, the good and bad news; Electricity state-by-state
- Weekend Reads: Wind vs. Solar; China Dominates Battery Market
- Microsoft Partners to Power Solar Energy
- Smart Energy Decisions Welcomes New Advisory Board Members
- Verizon Enters Into Four REPAs