Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - May 1, 2018
Otis Elevator Company adds 1.2MW solar system
Construction was recently completed on a 1.2-megawatt ground-mounted solar array for the Otis Elevator Company at their facility in Florence, S.C.
"By incorporating solar at its facility in Florence, Otis is demonstrating a continued commitment to providing clients with energy-efficient products that are also sustainably manufactured," said a report in Solar Power World.
The Otis solar array, constructed by Hannah Solar Government Services, consists of 3,660 solar panels and is expected to generate 1,852,700 kWh of energy in its first year, which is enough electricity to power 171 homes. The reported noted that HSGS installed Otis’ ground array in a field located next to Interstate 95, “providing passersby with a unique view of Otis’ corporate commitment to power their operations with clean, renewable energy.”
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Shining Cities 2019 - The Top U.S. Cities for Solar Energy
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Delta Force - Driving Energy Efficiency at UVA
- Aurora Public Schools Energy Management System
- Innovation Summit Presentation: The Evolution of Sustainable Operations at Bloomberg
- Michigan State's long-term view on renewable energy