Commercial, Distributed Energy Resources, Industrial, Microgrids - October 13, 2017
How do microgrids contribute to the energy transition?
This white paper, presented by Schneider Electric, outlines the role of microgrids as an emerging energy ecosystem that provides practical answers to the energy challenges of the 21st century.
Through a local, interconnected energy system with clearly defined electrical boundaries, which incorporate loads, decentralized energy resources, battery storage and control capabilities, microgrids can be used as an optimized way to access reliable, green and resilient energy. The paper puts the solution in the context of the global shift to decentralization after the centralization of electricity production made significant progress in the early 20th century, enabling economies of scale and improved power plant efficiency.
Download this five-page paper below to learn more.
Please fill out the below field to receive the report. We value your privacy!
- Duke Energy makes larger bid in C&I solar market
- RESF wrap-up: Corporate renewable energy buyers chart path toward a cleaner, more sustainable future
- Energy efficiency project to save Texas county $10M
- Schneider Electric commits to RE100, EP100
- New energy opportunities: Innovations that shape how companies manage energy
Interested in our 2018 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum? Check out highlights from the 2017 event in the video below.