Commercial, Energy Efficiency, Solar - February 11, 2020
Belfonti rolls out efficiency upgrades across commercial portfolio
A Connecticut-based real estate company has successfully completed energy efficiency and renewable energy projects across its portfolio of offices and independent living and multi-family apartment complexes.
Belfonti Companies has implemented energy upgrades at its residential properties including high-efficiency gas boilers, insulation, windows and sliders, furnaces, ENERGY STAR applications and kitchen equipment, heat pumps and LED lighting.
In January, Belfonti installed a 233 kW solar panel system on the roof of the parking garage for its corporate headquarters in Hamden, Conn.
Some of the efficiency upgrades were financed through a loan from Capital For Change.
"The upgrades make our residents more comfortable and are in line with the green platform of our company," Michael Belfonti, the founder and CEO of Belfonti Companies, said in a statement. "We are always looking to try and be more environmentally responsible by reducing our carbon footprint.”
- A Guide to IFRS Accounting for VPPAs
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Winter Edition
- Iron Mountain Data Centers aces the Better Buildings Challenge
- Challenging Channels: Creativity and Competition
- SED Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Goals and Workplace Restart