Commercial, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - August 9, 2018
CSL Group achieves emissions reduction
The CSL Group, a provider of marine dry bulk cargo handling and delivery services as well as owner and operator of self-unloading vessels, announced it achieved a 5.6% reduction in CO2 emissions per nautical mile in the past year.
The announcement was made as the company released its 2017 Corporate Sustainability Report, which covers results and ongoing initiatives in the areas of governance, safety, environmental responsibility, ethics, the workplace, community engagement, and value for customers.
The report noted, "In a world of constrained and finite resources, responsible consumption and extending product life becomes increasingly important. CSL is committed to sustainable consumption and promoting resource stewardship through our supply chain."
The CSL Group also launched its "2030 Vision for the Environment," setting measurable long-term reduction targets aligned with the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.v
Get Part 2 from Richard Heath plus free thought leadership from experts at Insight Energy
- Green Lease Leaders: How Industrial Building Owners Use the Lease to Optimize Sustainable Business Practices
- Google Environmental Report 2019
- Webinar replay: Why finance should lead sustainability efforts
- Future Proof Your Business with integrated Storage, Solar, and Smart EV Charging
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society