Demand Management, Energy Procurement, Commercial, Distributed Generation, Sourcing Renewables - October 3, 2018
Budweiser encourages purchase of clean energy
Budweiser has implemented a new campaign in partnership with Drift, encouraging customers to support the energy company and its commitment to providing customers with energy purely from renewable energy sources.
According to a statement, the company will begin to encourage customers to sign up with Drift, which uses artificial intelligence and high-frequency trading to provide 100% renewable, low-cost power to customers, by using the hashtag #CHOOSERENEWABLES and helping customers save $100 on their first renewable energy bill by using a code exclusive to Budweiser customers.
The American beer manufacturer recently announced its goal to power 100% of its operations with renewable energy by 2025.
Drift's primary goal in the initiative is to provide energy to customers that was actually sourced from renewable options, rather than just allowing the purchase of renewable energy credits to offset the fossil-fuel based energy still being used for energy.
The peer-to-peer nature of Drift's business plan is meant to eliminate what they consider to be the outdated process of utilities purchasing energy on the large-scale wholesale market and then selling to consumers and businesses, often resulting in a surplus of wasted energy. Using artificial intelligence and machine learning to evaluate energy use daily, the energy company then sources the power it will provide to its customers from its network of independent producers.
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Green Lease Leaders: Using the Lease to Galvanize Landlord-Tenant Engagement and Higher Performing Buildings
- Optimizing Solar, Storage, and a Fuel Cell for a Brooklyn Apartment Complex
- Webinar replay: The Evolving State of the 3Ds: Digitization, Decentralization, and Decarbonization
- Webinar replay: Buyer aggregation - an emerging path for renewable energy purchasers
- Sustainable Energy Solutions for Corporations