Commercial, Energy Efficiency - January 10, 2019
Wistar Institute adds energy control solution
The Wistar Institute, a biomedical science facility, has implemented a new energy management system that provides new access to data to help reduce energy use and costs and provide a better working environment.
Working with Aircuity Partners, the Institute installed a turn-key demand control ventilation platform that monitors lab and vivarium spaces 24 hours a day for volatile organic compounds, carbon dioxide, particulates, and relative humidity. That information is then used to optimize the ventilation rates within the spaces.
A statement from Aircuity noted, “This provides a better environment for human and animal occupants, substantial energy savings and access to new information about the conditions and performance of the space. Wistar is using the data available through the MyAircuity dashboard for monitoring and reporting, leading to an increase in energy savings estimated at $89,000 per year for a 4-year payback.
The Wistar Institute is located in Philadelphia and has special expertise in oncology, immunology, infectious disease, and vaccine research.
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business
- White paper: Demand-Side Energy Management in the U.S. Manufacturing Industrial Sector
- DE Forum Presentation: How Cinemark makes DERs work, both as a property owner and a tenant
- DE Forum Presentation: Charting a course for DERs at Tyson
- Green Lease Leader: Green Leasing Spurs Efficiency Improvements in Cleveland Businesses and City Building