Distributed Energy Resources, Sourcing Renewables - July 26, 2019
DE Forum Presentation: Walmart's Distributed Energy Journey - Past, Present and Future
Smart Energy Decisions' recent Distributed Energy Forum focused on creating and executing strategies to maximize opportunities from the deployment of distributed energy resources by large power users. We begin our series of event presentations with the opening keynote from Joby Carlson, director of global sustainability, Walmart, Inc., "Walmart's Distributed Energy Journey - Past, Present and Future."
Carlson provided an update on Walmart’s DER progress to date, including onsite solar, fuel cells, battery storage, and EV charging, as well as the latest on Project Gigaton. Noting the growth in opportunities for DER strategies and implementation, Carlson advised, "If you haven’t gotten started, now is the time. There are more options and tools on the table for you than ever before."
To download the presentation, click here:
Click here for information on Smart Energy Decisions' next event, the Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum, September 16-18, Ponte Vedra inn & Club, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.
- PepsiCo, UPS, Wal-Mart among large fleet operators signing on to new 'Sustainable Fuel Buyers Principles'
- Walmart 2020 Environmental, Social and Governance Report
- Walmart, Tesla settle solar panel fire lawsuit
- Alphabet, Citigroup, Walmart make CDP corporate climate leader A List
- Facebook, Google, AT&T claim top spots among 2019 corporate energy buyers