Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Sourcing Renewables - May 4, 2020 - By Lara Cottingham, City of Houston
Virtual Innovation Summit: Climate Action in the Energy Capital of the World
As part of our continuing series of 2020 Virtual Innovation Summit keynotes, Lara Cottingham, chief sustainability officer for the City of Houston presents Climate Action in the Energy Capital of the World.
Houston is inextricably linked with oil and gas so it may have come as a surprise to many when the city launched its first Climate Action Plan in April on the 50th anniversary of Earth Day. As Cottingham explains, climate change was a difficult conversation in Houston until the turning point of Hurricane Harvey in 2017.
Watch this presentation to learn about how changing priorities and strategies for climate action were moved to the fore in the energy capital of the world:
- Climate Action Plans and Emissions Reduction Plans Defined
- Zero Energy Building Highlight: Houston Advanced Research Center
- Case Study: Federal Aviation Administration —Oklahoma City, OK
- Electricity 2024: Analysis and Forecast to 2026
- Case Study: Marriott Infrastructure Resilience & Adaptation (MIRA) Program