Commercial, Energy Efficiency - August 21, 2020
Idealease experiments with hybrid diesel commercial trucks
Idealease announced Aug. 19 that they will be offering customers short-term truck rentals featuring Hyliion’s Hybrid Diesel system until the end of 2020.
Hyliion and Dana Incorporated teamed up to demonstrate Hyliion’s new Class 8 commercial vehicle engine system, with reduced fuel usage, lower greenhouse gas emissions, improved performance and reduced operating costs. Idealease, one of North America’s largest full-service transportation companies, will install the hybrid system to deliver optimal performance for truck drivers interested in testing the new system.
“Idealease is committed to equipping our customers with the world’s leading technology that reduces operating costs while reinforcing our commitment to building a more sustainable commercial transportation industry,” Andy McEnaney, vice president of affiliate services at Idealease, said in a statement. “With Hyliion’s hybrid system, we expect to see great results in fuel efficiency, vehicle performance, cost savings and emissions reductions—all of which are critical decision factors for our customers.”
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness
- Selecting a Renewables Project: Evaluate Risk vs. Reward