Sourcing Renewables - February 4, 2021
Coal to exit U.S. power system by 2033
Coal is on track to disappear from the U.S. power grid by 2033 as the push for a carbon-free electricity system gains strength, according to Morgan Stanley.
Gas prices may climb 48% this year, which “drives coal generation and the sector’s carbon footprint to increase in 2021 but we continue to project a constant decline thereafter,” Morgan Stanley analysts said in the report.
- Morgan Stanley to install Bloom fuel cell system at NYC headquarters
- Facebook’s newest data center will be 100% RE
- Morgan Stanley to roll out LED solutions to 600+ branches
- Morgan Stanley pursuing net zero financed emissions
- New emissions reporting standard addresses carbon footprint of lending and investment