Commercial, GHG Emissions - February 18, 2022
Low Carbon Technology Strategies for Large Offices
Through Better Buildings, DOE has developed Low Carbon Technology Strategies guidance documents to support you in your journey to reduce carbon emissions in your buildings. The primary purpose is to aid owners and operators of existing buildings in planning retrofit and operational strategies to achieve deep carbon reductions.
This guide for Large Offices includes steps that building owners and operators can implement to achieve smart, healthy and low-carbon large office buildings within their existing building portfolios. Large offices are typically over 50,000 square feet and often include complex heating and cooling systems. Assess current conditions in your building against the simple, intermediate, and advanced options to begin planning your next steps to reduce carbon emissions.
Download this guide from Better Buildings to explore simple, intermediate, and advanced steps you can take to lower the carbon footprint of your Large Office:
- Hannaford Supermarkets' Brandon, Vermont Showcase Project
- LBA Realty: A Comprehensive, Building-level Approach to Reducing Energy and Emissions
- Resilience Isn't a Project - It's a Mindset for Better Plants Partners
- Saint-Gobain: Advanced energy monitoring with wireless submetering
- Repurposing the Western Maryland Railway Station