Distributed Energy Resources, GHG Emissions - May 11, 2022
United Rentals Invests in Electric Trucks
United Rentals, Inc., an equipment rental company, announced a new agreement with Ford Pro to purchase EVs for its North American rental and company fleets.
The agreement initially includes orders for 500 F-150 Lightning trucks and 30 E-Transit vans, with 120 trucks and all 30 vans to be delivered in 2022. The vehicles will be used by United Rentals customers on construction and industrial job sites and by the company’s sales, service and delivery personnel.
The company expects to deploy the vehicles in the second half of 2022.
“We’re pleased to demonstrate leadership in the use of 100% electric vehicles in the construction and industrial rental sectors,” Matthew Flannery, chief executive officer of United Rentals, said in a statement. We’re committed to helping our rental customers meet their greenhouse gas reduction goals by integrating more sustainable solutions into our fleet. This investment expands our strategic partnership with Ford and reflects our dual commitment to alternative energy solutions for our customers and operations.”
United Rentals will partner with Ford Pro Solution experts to provide charging options for customers that include home, worksite and Ford’s BlueOval™ Charge Network. Additionally, Ford Pro Solution experts will assist United Rentals with the optimal placement and use of the new vehicles in the company’s electrification plan and installation of charging infrastructure.
The company set a goal of reducing the GHG emissions intensity of its business by 35% by 2030 from 2018.
- Ford announces massive facilities transformation, expects to cut energy use in half
- Ford reports 2.4% cut in CO2 emissions per vehicle, targets 30% reduction by 2025
- White House unveils $4.5B in loan guarantees for EV charging, new private sector partnership
- Ford slashes energy use with new production line
- Ford touts energy efficiency efforts in manufacturing
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness
- Selecting a Renewables Project: Evaluate Risk vs. Reward