Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - June 17, 2022
Fortive Achieves 50% Emission Reduction Target
Fortive Corporation announced it reached its 2025 GHG intensity goal that was announced in 2021.
The company achieved the accelerated 50% GHG emissions intensity goal announced in 2021 through reduction of Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions intensity by 51.0% from a 2017 baseline across the company’s major sites.
Fortive also adopted a new GHG goal aligned with the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) guidance to reduce absolute Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions across Fortive’s entire real estate portfolio by 2029, as well as a commitment to complete a Scope 3 relevance assessment. The company provided details in its 2022 Sustainability (ESG) Report.
“Our commitment to sustainability has been a priority since day one. We’re striving for a future that’s stronger, safer, and smarter for our customers, employees, suppliers, and communities,” said James A. Lico, President and CEO of Fortive, said in a statement. “Our report shares with our stakeholders the progress we have made in our sustainability strategy, including the early achievement of our 2025 GHG goal and the adoption of our updated, aspirational GHG target.”
- 2022 State of Decarbonization Report
- White Paper: Drive Resiliency through your Energy Infrastructure
- How Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are Changing the Energy Industry
- The Social Impact of Renewable Energy Projects: Classrooms to Careers
- McDonald's 2021-2022 Purpose & Impact Reporting