Commercial, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - October 12, 2022
Cepsa To Lower Emissions
Cepsa, an international energy company committed to sustainable mobility and energy, signed a partnership agreement with Alfa Laval to support the work to reduce CO2 emissions.
During the three-year agreement period, Alfa Laval will provide process optimization services and heat exchangers to Cepsa's two Energy Parks in Spain.
Alfa Laval will optimize the processes in two energy parks by using Alfa Laval compact heat exchangers to achieve the highest possible energy efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions. The cooperation will also support Cepsa's Agile strategy which aims at speeding up the implementation of more sustainable solutions.
Cepsa launched its new strategic plan, Positive Motion, in March, which plans to reduce Scope 1 and 2 emissions by 55% and Scope 3 emissions by 15-20% this decade compared to 2019 and reach net zero by 2050.
"We are pleased to work with Alfa Laval on this new project,” said Agustín Bonilla, Technical Services Director at Cepsa, in a statement. “This collaboration helps to reinforce our sustainability commitments and generate a positive impact that will contribute to combat climate change and global warming."
- Climate Action Plans and Emissions Reduction Plans Defined
- Zero Energy Building Highlight: Houston Advanced Research Center
- Case Study: Federal Aviation Administration —Oklahoma City, OK
- Electricity 2024: Analysis and Forecast to 2026
- Case Study: Marriott Infrastructure Resilience & Adaptation (MIRA) Program