Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - November 15, 2023
The State of Decarbonization: A Closer Look at the Government Sector
In this special addendum to Smart Energy Decisions' State of Decarbonization Report, A Closer Look at the Government Sector, we dive deeper into survey results from representatives of government institutions, including cities and municipalities. Results show these operators are slightly off the pace in setting emissions reduction goals, though they are ahead in setting net-zero goals.
Driven by regulatory and legal risks, government operators are pursuing decarbonization strategies from the electrification of onsite assets and vehicles to community solar despite the challenges of unfavorable economics and lack of capital to invest.
Download The State of Decarbonization: A Closer Look at the Government Sector to explore issues faced by these operators:
- Climate Action Plans and Emissions Reduction Plans Defined
- Zero Energy Building Highlight: Houston Advanced Research Center
- Case Study: Federal Aviation Administration —Oklahoma City, OK
- Electricity 2024: Analysis and Forecast to 2026
- Case Study: Marriott Infrastructure Resilience & Adaptation (MIRA) Program