Commercial, Distributed Generation, Hydro, Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - January 12, 2016
Renewable Energy Buyers' Principles adds 6 new participants to growing list of large-scale names
The Corporate Renewable Energy Buyers’ Principles — a U.S. initiative run by the World Wildlife Fund and World Resources Institute that aims to make large-scale renewable energy easier for companies to buy — added six more companies in December, bringing the total number of participating companies to 49.
The new participants are Google, McDonald's, adidas Group, Nestle, Kellogg and Avery Dennison.
In aggregate, the 49 companies' targets and plans represent more than 42 million MWh of demand for new renewable energy in the US by 2020.
"More than simply a statement of intention to buy renewable energy, the Principles are a practical guide to utilities, utility regulators and renewable energy providers, helping them create the products their customers need to meet these goals," the World Wildlife Fund and World Resources Institute partnership said in a release.
Given recent trends – the Principles originally launched in July 2014 with 12 companies - it appears likely that a 50th participant could join sometime in early 2016.
- Emerging green tariffs in regulated markets
- Creating Renewable Energy Opportunities
- Corporate renewable energy purchases taking hold in Michigan
- Utility green tariffs on the rise, new report finds
- Corporate Renewable Energy Buyers' Principles: Increasing access to renewable energy
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Smart Energy Decisions' Renewable Energy
Sourcing Forum goes virtual
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- GM's largest North America plant goes 100% solar-powered
- Trane Technologies targets carbon neutrality by 2030
- Facebook to power Ga. data center with solar
- Wells Fargo and Shell Energy team up on multi-project RE agreement
- Case Study: Corner Office shines as sustainability leader with rooftop solar + LED lighting installation
- eBook: How to Monetize Your Energy Assets
- Enhancing Sustainable Cities
- 2020 Corporate Energy and Sustainability Progress Report
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Cisco's Global Energy and Sustainability Journey