Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Efficiency, Industrial - February 4, 2016
Zahroof Valves named finalist for energy, sustainability in annual Edison Awards
Industrial valve manufacturer Zahroof is a finalist in the Edison Awards, which evaluate technologies based on criteria of "Concept, Value, Delivery and Impact." The winners – gold, silver and bronze – will be announced at a gala in New York City on April 21. Previous winners include 3M, Disney and Dyson.
"The humble valve has not seen much change over the years despite its importance in every aspect of the energy industry. Our unique straightflo valve has resulted in impressive numbers in the field in terms of reduced emissions, improved efficiency and strong return on investment," Zahroof Mohamed, President of Zahroof Valves said in a statement.
The reciprocating compressor valve technology has proven to improve valve efficiency by up to 40% and significantly extend run time between valve service intervals, according to the company. The valves are used by industries including chemical plants, air separation plants, hydrogen, technical gases, plant air, pulp and paper, mining, oil and gas, and others.
- Switching your company to renewable energy? Read this first
- Plastipak earns $1M in energy efficiency rebates from local utility
- Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions by Advancing Industrial Energy Efficiency 2000-2015
- Mickey goes green with Disney solar installation
- 3M signs 120 MW wind deal with Invenergy
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Land O'Lakes launches carbon program; Microsoft is its first buyer
- Goldman Sachs to offer employees clean home energy
- Amazon Web Services joins partnership for EV management platform development
- Weekend reads: Exxon Mobil's $3 billion investment in carbon capture; GM pits US against Norway in EV Super Bowl ad
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Winter Edition
- Iron Mountain Data Centers aces the Better Buildings Challenge
- Challenging Channels: Creativity and Competition
- SED Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Goals and Workplace Restart
- State of Energy Management 2020 Report