Commercial, Demand Management, Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Efficiency, Energy Procurement, Commercial, Distributed Generation, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - February 23, 2016
Intel completes nation's largest corporate solar carport
Tech giant Intel recently announced the completion of a 6.5-MW solar carport at its Folsom, Calif., campus. SolarCity installed the system in three phases. According to the Solar Energy Industries Association, it is the country’s largest solar carport.
Including this latest installation, Intel’s campus now boasts total solar output of 8.7 MW, which at peak capacity generates more than 50% of the facility’s energy usage.
"In addition to powering the equivalent of nearly 1,000 homes for a year, the new panels will provide shade for an additional 2,500 employee parking spaces and an additional 16 electric vehicle charging stations,” Intel spokeswoman Grace Davis told the Sacramento Bee.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Rivian Invests in Wind Turbine
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness