Commercial, Demand Management, Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Efficiency, Energy Procurement, Commercial, Distributed Generation, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - February 23, 2016
Intel completes nation's largest corporate solar carport
Tech giant Intel recently announced the completion of a 6.5-MW solar carport at its Folsom, Calif., campus. SolarCity installed the system in three phases. According to the Solar Energy Industries Association, it is the country’s largest solar carport.
Including this latest installation, Intel’s campus now boasts total solar output of 8.7 MW, which at peak capacity generates more than 50% of the facility’s energy usage.
"In addition to powering the equivalent of nearly 1,000 homes for a year, the new panels will provide shade for an additional 2,500 employee parking spaces and an additional 16 electric vehicle charging stations,” Intel spokeswoman Grace Davis told the Sacramento Bee.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- Lumentum Decreases Emissions by 25%, Doubles RE Use
- BACARDÍ Rum Aims to Lower Emissions by 50% in Puerto Rico
- CalPERS Establishes $100 Billion Net Zero Pledge
- Weekend Reads: 10 Myths About the Energy Transition; Tackling Health Care's Carbon Footprint
- US Steel Explores Expansion of Low-Carbon Products