Commercial, Demand Management, Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Efficiency, Energy Procurement, Commercial, Distributed Generation, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - February 23, 2016
Intel completes nation's largest corporate solar carport
Tech giant Intel recently announced the completion of a 6.5-MW solar carport at its Folsom, Calif., campus. SolarCity installed the system in three phases. According to the Solar Energy Industries Association, it is the country’s largest solar carport.
Including this latest installation, Intel’s campus now boasts total solar output of 8.7 MW, which at peak capacity generates more than 50% of the facility’s energy usage.
"In addition to powering the equivalent of nearly 1,000 homes for a year, the new panels will provide shade for an additional 2,500 employee parking spaces and an additional 16 electric vehicle charging stations,” Intel spokeswoman Grace Davis told the Sacramento Bee.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Keynotes from General Mills, Port of Seattle, Stanford University to Lead the DE Forum
- CEO Alliance Calls for Climate Action at the G7 Summit
- Amazon Invests in Brazil Reforestation
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Weekend Reads: Biden's Plan for the EV Transition; What the IPCC Report Means for Businesses