Commercial, Industrial, Solar - April 28, 2016
EDF Renewable Energy, looking to expand offerings to corporate buyers, strikes deal for groSolar
, a private company that offers engineering, procurement and construction of large commercial and utility-scale solar PV projects.
EDF said the deal, terms of which were not disclosed, will allow it to expand its focus on distributed generation solar to meet growing demand from corporate customers. In an April 25 news release, the company said groSolar has designed, built, procured equipment and installed more than 150 MW, via 2,000 installations, of solar PV systems across the U.S.
"We are very pleased to welcome groSolar to the EDF RE family. The company brings to EDF RE the ability to offer competitively priced distributed generation solar solutions to the growing Municipal, University, School and Hospital (MUSH), corporate, and utility customer base,” EDF Renewable Energy President and CEO Tristan Grimbert, said in the release. "The addition of an established and successful distributed generation business line contributes to our long-term growth plan to diversify the customer base and augments a comprehensive range of energy services that the EDF group offers to its customers worldwide."
Marathon Capital served as exclusive financial advisor to groSolar. EDF Renewable Energy is a unit of EDF Group.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- 7-Eleven Plans 500 New EV Chargers for North American Stores
- Ford's New Science-Based Targets Revealed
- Georgetown University Partnership Boosts Energy Efficiency, Sustainability Goals
- Netflix unveils 2022 net zero ambition
- Starbucks Commissions Community Solar Projects for New York State
- Setting Sustainability Goals and Meeting Them with Reduction Targets
- The Essential Guide to Marketing Renewable Energy Achievements
- Ohio Public Schools Partner with EDP Renewables to Go Green
- The State of Demand-Side Energy Management in North America
- How to Kick-Start the Carbon Removal Market: Shopify's Playbook