Commercial, Energy Procurement, Industrial, Commercial, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - May 3, 2016
RE100 touts partnership with Rocky Mountain Institute's Business Renewables Center
The RE100 initiative said in a recent blog post that it has cemented its relationship with the Business Renewables Center, which is part of the Rocky Mountain Institute.
The RE100 initiative, which is led by international nonprofit The Climate Group in partnership with CDP, represents a growing list of more than 50 corporations that have committed to using 100% renewable energy in their operations.
The aim of partnership between RE100 and the BRC, according to the blog post, is to increase renewable demand, via buyers, find renewable opportunities, via developers and intermediaries, and provide the means to bridge the two through tools and knowledge.
According to the blog post:
[M]ajor businesses including Google and Walmart have now set 100% renewables targets through RE100, working together to increase demand for renewable energy and accelerate the transition to a low carbon economy. This, coupled with the BRC's transactional expertise in supporting corporations signing large wind and solar deals and thereby adding more renewable energy to the grid, means the partnership has the potential to rocket boost corporate renewables use globally.
According to the post, the RE100 and BRC are running a series of joint webinars for their members "to enable the sharing of experiences and knowledge between major corporates." Previous webinars touched on the subject of power purchase agreements and the renewable energy market in China.
- First-time corporate renewable energy buyers breathing down Google’s neck
- Energy efficiency in existing buildings must be addressed; here’s how
- Iron Mountain targets 20% GHG cut
- RE100 at 122 companies and counting
- Budweiser brews 100% renewable energy
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Amazon Web Services joins partnership for EV management platform development
- A.P. Moller - Maersk reveals the world's first carbon neutral vessel
- Ford's New Science-Based Targets Revealed
- Weekend reads: Discovering Amazon's EV company; The woman at the helm of Biden's climate plan