Sourcing Renewables, Wind - May 4, 2016
Nonutility buyers comprised 37% of wind PPAs in Q1
Approximately 37% of the 660 MW of wind power tied up in power purchase agreements in the first quarter of 2016 were through corporate and other large energy buyers, according to American Wind Energy Association data.
In total, the U.S. wind industry installed 520 MW of wind power capacity in the first three months of 2016, which AWEA said marks the strongest first quarter for installations since 2012. Oklahoma led the country with 270 MW of capacity installed, followed by Iowa at 154 MW, Utah at 62 MW, and New Mexico at 32 MW.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- Lumentum Decreases Emissions by 25%, Doubles RE Use
- BACARDÍ Rum Aims to Lower Emissions by 50% in Puerto Rico
- CalPERS Establishes $100 Billion Net Zero Pledge
- Weekend Reads: 10 Myths About the Energy Transition; Tackling Health Care's Carbon Footprint
- US Steel Explores Expansion of Low-Carbon Products