Commercial, Distributed Energy Resources, Commercial, Distributed Generation, Solar - July 7, 2016
IKEA installs 3 electric car charging stations at new, solar-equipped Las Vegas store
Home furnishings retailer.
The store, which opened May 18, is already outfitted with a 1.14-MW rooftop solar array.
"Installing EV charging stations at IKEA Las Vegas reinforces our commitment to sustainability,” store manager Amy Jensen said in a news release. "Being a sustainable retailer includes a focus on the sustainable transport of people and empowering our customers to live sustainably too. So, accommodating the needs of EV drivers meets both goals.”
The Blink charging stations, were installed as part of IKEA's partnership with Car Charging Group Inc., which owns the Blink Network and Blink EV charging stations.
IKEA has big sustainability goals that include its use of renewable energy: The company is aiming to be energy independent by 2020. IKEA has installed more than 700,000 solar panels on buildings across the world and owns approximately 300 wind turbines, including 104 in the U.S.
To charge an electric vehicle at IKEA Las Vegas, drivers can tap their "Blink InCard" to a reader at the charging station, initiate the session directly from the Blink Mobile application on their phones, or use a guest code provided via the Blink Mobile app, IKEA said. Drivers also have the option to become Blink members, which is free and typically provides discounted charging fees at Blink EV charging stations.
Once the session is initiated, IKEA says, drivers can plug the charger into the vehicle, then shop and eat at the IKEA store while the vehicle is charging.
- IKEA to Use Bio-Based Glue
- IKEA Expands RE To Suppliers in 10 Markets
- IKEA Plans Clean Electricity Subscription Service
- IKEA Retailer Commits Extra 4 Billion Euro to RE Investments
- City of Santa Monica creates zero-emissions delivery zone
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- IKEA, Destination: Net Zero Lead Net Zero Forum Agenda
- Coca-Cola Launches Sustainability-Focused Venture Capital Fund
- Seven Automakers Create EV Charging Network
- Smart Energy Decisions Announces Winners of Inaugural DEI Impact Awards
- Spotlight Sessions Set for Net Zero Fall