Commercial, Energy Storage, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - July 16, 2016
Trump would be only world leader to deny climate science; Pokemon are taking over power plants
Every Saturday, we'll bring you five most interesting — or quirky; it is the weekend afterall —. This weekend's reads:
- Donald Trump would be world's only national leader to reject climate science (The Guardian): Donald Trump would be the only national leader in the world to dismiss the science of climate change should he become president, putting him out of step even with Syrian president Bashar al-Assad, Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe and Kim Jong-un, the leader of North Korea.
- Pokemon Are Taking Over Nuclear Power Plants and Substations (Greentech Media): Utility workers are familiar with obscure terms like differentiator circuits, ohmmeters and potentiometers. But they're now being forced to learn about Charmanders, Bulbasaurs and Squirtles overrunning the country's substations and power plants.
- Musk Energy Plan Delivers Slow Payoff in Tesla, SolarCity Merger (Bloomberg News): Elon Musk's plan for Tesla Motors Inc. to acquire SolarCity Corp. hinges on a symbiosis that doesn't exist. At least not yet.
- Money Flows Into Batteries For Buildings, Power Grid (Fortune): Over the past half decade, the solar market has boomed thanks to falling solar panel prices. Now the same thing is happening with technology for storing energy.
- BP puts cost of 2010 Gulf oil spill at $61.6 billion (The Associated Press): Oil giant BP plc put a final price tag on what its catastrophic Gulf of Mexico oil spill cost the company, and it's a hefty sum. The British company issued the estimate Thursday, the first time it has put a total cost on the catastrophe.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- CEO Alliance Calls for Climate Action at the G7 Summit
- Go Beyond the Meter with Season 3 Podcast Premiere
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Amazon Invests in Brazil Reforestation
- Research: The State of Vehicle Fleet Electrification
- The ABCs of Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
- How Energy Technology Reduces Consumption and Spend: Fleet Electrification
- Decarbonizing Supply Chains: Collaboration and Renewable Energy Strategies
- Sustainability Strategy: Two Ways to Decarbonize Natural Gas