Energy Efficiency, Industrial, Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - August 25, 2016
Community solar spurs corporate commitment
Joining the growing number of U.S. corporations making commitments to renewable energy, window and door manufacturer Andersen Corp. took a big bite of solar this year through a state-sanctioned community solar program.
In April, the Bayport, Minn.,-based company signed subscription agreements with community solar developers to subscribe to up to 19 MW of power through Xcel Energy's community solar program. Established by the Minnesota state legislature in 2013, the program allows customers of the state’s investor-owned utilities, like Xcel Energy, to receive a share of electricity output from a community solar system.
These commitments were outlined in Andersen's fifth annual corporate sustainability report, which is available in full on its website.
"We are proud to help advance a clean energy economy – through the energy efficiency solutions we provide for our customers, and the commitment we have made to increase access to clean, renewable power in Minnesota,” Andersen Director of Sustainability and Environmental Eliza Clark said in a statement announcing the renewable energy commitment earlier this year. "We are also proud to have selected allies that have agreed to establish site management practices that benefit pollinators and other wildlife. Community solar projects are truly a win for people, the planet and our economy.”
Andersen is a privately held company founded in 1903 that employs more than 11,000 people in locations across North America.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Rivian Invests in Wind Turbine
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness