Energy Procurement, Industrial, Power Prices - November 2, 2016
Case study: Large manufacturer saves $295k through customized power purchasing strategy
This case study presented by Direct Energy illustrates how Ultra-Poly, a Pennsylvania-based plastics recycling and manufacturing company, changed up its power purchasing strategy, made its operations more efficient and saved $295,000.
The polar vortex that brought unusually cold weather to North America in late 2013 and early 2014 left many businesses, including Ultra-Poly, unprepared for the skyrocketing energy rates that followed. But after adopting a holistic energy strategy provided by Direct Energy Business, Ultra-Poly was able to make its operations more efficient, minimize risk exposure and earn extra income while helping to decrease the burden on the electrical system as a whole.
Download this one-page case study by clicking here to learn more.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Rivian Invests in Wind Turbine
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness