Commercial, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - January 30, 2017
PepsiCo, 2 others join renewable buyers group
, a framework intended to help businesses advance their purchasing of clean energy from the grid.
Among TD Bank's other clean energy and carbon reduction initiatives, the Cherry Hill, N.J.-based company has incorporated "green electricity, green natural gas and green fuel" into its plans to address 100% of its energy footprint in Vancouver, British Columbia. According to a November 2016 announcement about that plan, TD Bank Group Chief Environment Officer Karen Clarke-Whistler said the company is the first North American-based bank to become carbon neutral.
As for PepsiCo, the food, snack and beverage corporation recently announced its 2025 sustainability targets, which include cutting absolute GHG emissions along its value chain by 20% by 2030. The Purchase, N.Y.-based company said it plans to reach that target include reducing the amount of fossil fuel-based energy use in its operations through energy efficiencies and by shifting to renewables and/or low-carbon solutions where possible; the company also plans to purchase and credible carbon offsets, as needed.
The Corporate Renewable Energy Buyers' Principles were launched in 2014 by the World Wildlife Fund and the World Resources Institute as a tool to help identify the needs and challenges of large companies in pursuit of renewable energy to power their operations; the principles also aim to help companies and utilities and power providers overcome those challenges. According to a Jan. 25 statement, 65 companies have signed onto the principals to-date.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Weekend Reads: Using the Defense Production Act to boost clean energy; Beaming solar power from space to earth
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness