Commercial, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - March 13, 2017
Nestlé outlines energy, sustainability goals
In its “Nestlé in society” report for 2016, the company said it has reduced its water withdrawal per tonne of product by 25% since 2010, conserving 2.7 million cubic meters of water via 516 water-saving projects. Additionally, the company has reduced its emissions per tonne of product by 39%, cumulatively, since 2006, having achieved zero waste for disposal at 182 sites.
“Behind all of these efforts are our company values, which are rooted in respect – respect for ourselves, respect for others, respect for diversity of the world we live in and respect for the future,” Nestlé’s Chairman Peter Brabeck-Letmathe and CEO Paul Bulcke said in the sustainability report.
Among its 42 commitments, the company said it would work to achieve water efficiency and sustainability across its operations, treat its water discharge effectively and raise awareness on water conservation.
“Water is a universal human right,” the company said. “It is critical to every part of our value chain: our employees, suppliers, customers and consumers all need access to safe, clean water and sanitation, as do the farmers we work with and the communities in which we operate.”
Other sustainability goals include promoting transparency and proactive long-term engagement in climate policy, improving the environmental performance of its packaging, optimizing the environmental impact of its products, and providing meaningful and accurate environmental information and dialogue.
“As a major nutrition, health and wellness company, Nestlé can shape sustainable consumption and steward resources for future generations,” the company said. “We set ourselves commitments and objectives for real progress: from using sustainably managed and renewable resources to operating more efficiently, and from working towards our goal of zero waste to acting on climate change.”
- Nestle Debuts Sustainable Dairy Farming Initiative
- Nestlé makes its largest RE investment in Texas solar project
- Nestle UK reaches 100% RE with new wind PPA
- Nestlé Waters signs PPA for Sacramento plant
- Nestlé moves closer to GHG, RE goals
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Nominations Open for WISE (Women in Smart Energy) Awards
- Ahold Delhaize Commits to Net-zero Target by 2040
- CEO Alliance Calls for Climate Action at the G7 Summit
- Smart Energy Decisions 2022 Event Lineup Announced
- Amazon Invests in 18 European and US Renewable Energy Projects