Commercial, Demand Management, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - March 31, 2017
RIC enters $5M energy savings performance contract
Rhode Island College's energy infrastructure is getting a makeover that is expected to result in savings of more than $340,000 per year for the next 15 years, according to a recent news release.
Under a $5 million energy savings performance contract with Ameresco Inc., the campus project includes an approximate two-year construction period, during which infrastructure upgrades and energy conservation measures will be implemented, according to the March 29 news release from Ameresco. Services include an investment-grade audit, installation of energy conservation measures, and measurement and verification of guaranteed savings.
Rhode Island College said many of the upgrades are expected to help enhance the quality of the teaching and learning environments: energy management system upgrades; central plant improvements; variable frequency drives (VFD); water conservation measures; building weatherization; energy efficiency motors; demand control ventilation; transformer replacements; window air conditioner timers; AHU/Rooftop unit replacements; vending machine controls; kitchen hood controls; and repair of heat recovery units.
“"Our investment in saving energy and preserving the environment at Rhode Island College benefits our students by significantly adding value to their learning experience on campus," RIC President Frank D. Sánchez said in a statement.
Rhode Island College says its energy strategy embraces greater efficiency measures while focusing on improving the student learning environment and supporting the college's commitment to sustainable practices and environmental stewardship.
- State ski resort completes $5M efficiency overhaul
- Fort Bragg plans energy improvements, solar installation
- Rhode Island Airport Corporation to source power from new solar plant
- Santa Fe to see $88.6K in savings from energy efficiency overhaul
- Wellesley College to transition central utility plant away from natural gas
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Amazon Web Services joins partnership for EV management platform development
- A.P. Moller - Maersk reveals the world's first carbon neutral vessel
- Ford's New Science-Based Targets Revealed
- Weekend reads: Discovering Amazon's EV company; The woman at the helm of Biden's climate plan