Commercial, Demand Management, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - March 31, 2017
RIC enters $5M energy savings performance contract
Rhode Island College's energy infrastructure is getting a makeover that is expected to result in savings of more than $340,000 per year for the next 15 years, according to a recent news release.
Under a $5 million energy savings performance contract with Ameresco Inc., the campus project includes an approximate two-year construction period, during which infrastructure upgrades and energy conservation measures will be implemented, according to the March 29 news release from Ameresco. Services include an investment-grade audit, installation of energy conservation measures, and measurement and verification of guaranteed savings.
Rhode Island College said many of the upgrades are expected to help enhance the quality of the teaching and learning environments: energy management system upgrades; central plant improvements; variable frequency drives (VFD); water conservation measures; building weatherization; energy efficiency motors; demand control ventilation; transformer replacements; window air conditioner timers; AHU/Rooftop unit replacements; vending machine controls; kitchen hood controls; and repair of heat recovery units.
“"Our investment in saving energy and preserving the environment at Rhode Island College benefits our students by significantly adding value to their learning experience on campus," RIC President Frank D. Sánchez said in a statement.
Rhode Island College says its energy strategy embraces greater efficiency measures while focusing on improving the student learning environment and supporting the college's commitment to sustainable practices and environmental stewardship.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Microsoft, HP, General Motors Headline Final Agenda for In-Person RE Forum
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- CEO Alliance Calls for Climate Action at the G7 Summit
- Weekend Reads: Google's Vision of a Carbon-Free HQ; San Diego's RE Future
- Ahold Delhaize Commits to Net-zero Target by 2040
- 2021 Renewable Energy Market Analysis
- 2021 State of Distributed Energy Resources Study
- Leveraging New Technologies to Modernize Infrastructure and Improve Energy Efficiency in America's Cities
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings