Commercial, Energy Efficiency, Industrial, Utilities - May 19, 2017
Calif. utility recognizes C&I customers for efficiency
California utility San Diego Gas & Electric has recognized a series of its commercial and industrial customers it says are leading the way in implementing innovative solutions to reducing their energy use.
The annual "Energy Champion Awards" recognizes the Sempra Energy subsidiary's forward-thinking business customers that have made significant achievements in energy efficiency, sustainability and conservation, the utility said in a news release.
The showcase award was given to Sharp HealthCare for its commitment to implementing energy efficiency measures. Sharp HealthCare was the first nonprofit healthcare leader in San Diego to install electric vehicle charging infrastructure at three of its locations, saving its employees and patients approximately 3,700 gallons of fuel in 2016, according to SDG&E.
In addition, the following local organizations were recognized for their outstanding energy efficiency efforts:
- Entertainment: Hollywood Casino Jamul – San Diego
- Hospitality: Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
- K-12 Schools: San Diego Unified School District
- Manufacturing: CP Kelco – A Huber Company
- Non-profit: Jacobs and Cushman San Diego Food Bank
- Small Business: Añejo Bar & Grill
- Sports Venue: San Diego Ice Arena
The utility said the efforts of those eight businesses saved more than 6 million kWh of electricity and 10,866 therms of natural gas.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Aptar Updates Emissions Reduction Goals
- Salesforce Starts ‘Green Code’ Initiative For Lower Carbon Footprint
- Weekend Reads: Green Subsidy Race; Renewable Generation Surpasses Coal and Nuclear
- Microsoft to Use Power From Fusion Plant
- Amazon Signs PPAs for Global Wind and Solar
- Boeing Launches Cascade to Support Aviation's Net Zero Goal