Commercial, Energy Efficiency, Industrial, Utilities - May 19, 2017
Calif. utility recognizes C&I customers for efficiency
California utility San Diego Gas & Electric has recognized a series of its commercial and industrial customers it says are leading the way in implementing innovative solutions to reducing their energy use.
The annual "Energy Champion Awards" recognizes the Sempra Energy subsidiary's forward-thinking business customers that have made significant achievements in energy efficiency, sustainability and conservation, the utility said in a news release.
The showcase award was given to Sharp HealthCare for its commitment to implementing energy efficiency measures. Sharp HealthCare was the first nonprofit healthcare leader in San Diego to install electric vehicle charging infrastructure at three of its locations, saving its employees and patients approximately 3,700 gallons of fuel in 2016, according to SDG&E.
In addition, the following local organizations were recognized for their outstanding energy efficiency efforts:
- Entertainment: Hollywood Casino Jamul – San Diego
- Hospitality: Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
- K-12 Schools: San Diego Unified School District
- Manufacturing: CP Kelco – A Huber Company
- Non-profit: Jacobs and Cushman San Diego Food Bank
- Small Business: Añejo Bar & Grill
- Sports Venue: San Diego Ice Arena
The utility said the efforts of those eight businesses saved more than 6 million kWh of electricity and 10,866 therms of natural gas.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Weekend Reads: Using the Defense Production Act to boost clean energy; Beaming solar power from space to earth
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness