Commercial, Industrial, Power Prices, Utilities, Sourcing Renewables - June 2, 2017
Duke Energy Progress proposes 14.9% rate hike
Citing power plant modernization, the pursuit of cleaner energy sources and coal ash management, Duke Energy Progress has filed for a rate increase with the North Carolina Utilities Commission.
The Duke Energy Corp. subsidiary said in a news release June 1 that it has requested to increase its revenues by approximately $477 million for an overall average rate increase across all customer classes of 14.9%. If approved by the commission, commercial and industrial customers would see an average increase of 13.5%, according to the utility.
Duke Energy Progress serves about 1.3 million electric customers in central and eastern North Carolina and in the Asheville region.
"Our customers tell us they want electricity that is more reliable and increasingly clean, and they also want more value and choice every day," said David Fountain, Duke Energy's North Carolina president. "It is critical that we, as their energy provider, balance these needs with smart investments that keep costs reasonable and keep North Carolina competitive."
Duke Energy Progress has requested options to spread recovery of certain costs over multiple years to reduce the immediate impact on customer bills.
- Utility Roundup: Duke Energy, PPL Corp. announce moves
- NextEra Energy is Fortune’s “Most Admired” Utility
- Duke Energy makes larger bid in C&I solar market
- Golden State Foods goes electric
- Florida A&M approves 75MW solar project
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
Smart Energy Decisions' Renewable Energy
Sourcing Forum goes virtual
- 2020 Innovation Awards winners announced
- Clean charging exponentially optimizes EV efficiency
- GM's largest North America plant goes 100% solar-powered
- Trane Technologies targets carbon neutrality by 2030
- Facebook to power Ga. data center with solar
- Wells Fargo and Shell Energy team up on multi-project RE agreement
- Case Study: Corner Office shines as sustainability leader with rooftop solar + LED lighting installation
- eBook: How to Monetize Your Energy Assets
- Enhancing Sustainable Cities
- 2020 Corporate Energy and Sustainability Progress Report
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Cisco's Global Energy and Sustainability Journey