Utilities, Commercial, Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - September 6, 2017
Dominion Virginia to expand C&I solar options
As utilities continue to rethink their willingness to work with customers on green power options, Dominion Energy Virginia on Sept. 6 announced a new community solar program focused on business and residential customers and plans to expand its renewable energy offerings more broadly over the next year.
The electric utility subsidiary of news release. Other options will include a 100% renewable energy option for residential, commercial and industrial customers and allowance for the purchase of community-based solar generation.In early 2018, it plans to file program options with Virginia regulators that include enabling business customers to purchase renewable energy generation equal to a specific portion of their energy use, according to a
"While program details are being finalized, we want customers to know that we are working on creative solutions to empower them with the best options to go solar," Paul D. Koonce, president and CEO of Dominion Energy Power Generation, said in a statement.
The utility said these programs will allow all customers to "go solar" without investing in panels.
"[F]or businesses, it may be a matter of not having enough rooftop space or not being in a position to make a large capital investment right now," Koonce said. "We have designed a program that will allow these customers to subscribe for some of their energy needs through solar generation."
- The Nature Conservancy Oversees 50 MW Solar Project on Former Mine
- Port of Virginia to Lease Space for Offshore Wind
- Dominion Energy to Convert 8,600 Vehicles to EVs
- Six US utilities join together to create interstate EV charging highway
- Virginia schools across seven counties to receive onsite solar power
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Microsoft, HP, General Motors Headline Final Agenda for In-Person RE Forum
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- Go Beyond the Meter with Season 3 Podcast Premiere
- Cisco Unveils 2040 Net-Zero Target
- Amazon Invests in Brazil Reforestation
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings
- Securing a Better Energy Future through the Power of Choice: Energy Solutions for Businesses and Communities
- Biogas: Another Part of the Sustainability Picture
- A New Age of Demand-Side Energy Management: Data Centers