Commercial, Demand Management, Energy Efficiency, Industrial, Power Prices - September 20, 2017
HP, IKEA, Unilever among 1st EV100 members
Ten giant global corporations including HP Inc., Ikea Group and Unilever on Sept. 10 became the first to join a new campaign designed to accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles and infrastructure.
The Climate Group, which is spearheading the initiative, announced its launch as part of Climate Week NYC. The nonprofit said EV100 aims to encourage global business commitments on electric transport, with members swapping their large diesel/petrol vehicle fleets to electric vehicle fleets and/or installing electric battery charging infrastructure by 2030.
Baidu, Deutsche Post DHL Group, Heathrow Airport, Metro AG, PG&E Corp. and Vattenfall round out the list of EV100's initial members.
"The members being announced today see the business logic in leading a faster transition and addressing local air quality issues in their markets," The Climate Group CEO Helen Clarkson said in a statement. "They are setting a competitive challenge to the auto industry to deliver more EVs, sooner and at lower cost."
Together, EP100 programs.by 2030 or before, ahead of current forecasts for global uptake. The initiative follows on The Climate Group's RE100 and
Among the commitments, HP plans to rollout its innovative workplace charging system internationally, Metro AG will support EV charging for its staff and consumers, and Unilever and Heathrow Airport have pledged comprehensive action as part of their corporate sustainability plans.
- EV100 Progress and Insights Annual Report
- PepsiCo, UPS, Wal-Mart among large fleet operators signing on to new 'Sustainable Fuel Buyers Principles'
- Apple, IKEA, Tesla among climate policy leaders
- EV100 Progress and Insights Annual Report 2020
- EV100 targets 2M+ EVs by 2030
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Facebook data center a major contributor to N.M. clean energy goals
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Amazon Web Services joins partnership for EV management platform development
- A.P. Moller - Maersk reveals the world's first carbon neutral vessel
- Ford's New Science-Based Targets Revealed
- Weekend reads: Discovering Amazon's EV company; The woman at the helm of Biden's climate plan