Demand Management, Energy Efficiency, Industrial, Utilities - December 7, 2017
GM banks $2.6M in utility rebates for energy upgrades
Following the implementation of 28 energy efficiency projects at its assembly plant in Flint, Mich., in 2017, General Motors has received an incentive payment of $2.6 million from the plant's utility, Consumers Energy.
The payment from Consumers sweetens the economics of the energy efficiency improvements at the factory, which are expected to save to save GM $1.12 million each year, according to a Dec. 6 news release from the CMS Energy subsidiary.
. Consumers said the incentive payment for the upgrades at the Flint Truck Assembly factory are part of its commitment to helping businesses across Michigan lower their energy costs.
"The GM Flint team recognizes the importance of being environmental stewards and our strong relationship with Consumers Energy allows us to maximize our opportunities to be good corporate citizens and serve as leaders in the energy conservation business within GM," plant manager Michael Perez said in a statement.
"Our mission at Consumers Energy is to help Michigan businesses be competitive and grow jobs by lowering their energy costs and we are committed to providing energy solutions for all Michigan businesses including flagship employers like General Motors," Consumers Energy President and CEO Patti Poppe said in a statement.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: The EV Race Speeds Up; Germany Trades LNG For Green Hydrogen
- Weekend Reads: Breaking the EU Free From Russian Energy; The Truth About Airline Climate Offsets
- Weekend Reads: Auto Giants Call for EV Battery Development; Harnessing Solar Power from Space
- Weekend Reads: Using the Defense Production Act to boost clean energy; Beaming solar power from space to earth
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness