Commercial, Energy Efficiency, Regulation, Utilities, Commercial, Regulation - December 8, 2017
Ohio healthcare providers urge energy diversification
In a letter to Ohio lawmakers addressing the state's energy policy, a group of healthcare providers and advanced energy companies have asked the Legislature to value energy efficiency and demand response as a resource and generally expand the deployment of cost-saving energy technologies.
Led by the Ohio division of Advanced Energy Economy, signers of the letter include the Cleveland Clinic, the Ohio Hospital Association Energy and Sustainability Program, and CEOs of Mercy Health, Mount Carmel Health System, and Tri-Health. Advanced energy business leaders signing the letter include executives from First Solar, Apex Clean Energy, Siemens, and Melink Corp.
"Keeping our healthcare facilities operating without interruption during unplanned outages is critical to protecting all Ohioans," said Rick Sites, Regulatory Counsel for the Ohio Hospital Association's Energy and Sustainability Lead. "As such, we are seeing hospitals increasingly interested in powering their facilities with advanced energy technologies. These technologies also reduce operating costs, improve health outcomes, and fulfill hospital commitments to the communities they serve."
Ohio AEE says the legislation currently pending before the Ohio legislature in House Bill 114 would weaken the state’s ability to invest in renewable energy and efficiency technologies, while other bills like House Bill 381, Senate Bill 128, and House Bill 239 would instead subsidize aging, uneconomic coal and nuclear-generating facilities.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Smart Energy Decisions Announces 2023 WISE Award Winners
- Weekend Reads: US emissions 2022, the good and bad news; Electricity state-by-state
- Weekend Reads: Wind vs. Solar; China Dominates Battery Market
- Microsoft Partners to Power Solar Energy
- Smart Energy Decisions Welcomes New Advisory Board Members
- Verizon Enters Into Four REPAs
- Destination: Net Zero – Moving the needle towards carbon neutral
- Sustainable Energy in America Factbook 2023 - Executive Summary
- The 2022 State of Vehicle Fleet Electrification
- GHG Emissions Reduction Audit: A Checklist for Owners
- Case Study: IBM and Lendlease Leverage Green Leasing as Tenants to Achieve Net-Zero