Commercial, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Industrial, Commercial, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - December 12, 2017
Kraft Heinz sets GHG goal in 1st sustainability report
Among a wide range of corporate social responsibility goals outlined in Kraft Heinz's inaugural corporate social responsibility report, the company outlined plans to reduce overall greenhouse gas emissions by 5.1% and implement a series of renewable energy projects.
"At Kraft Heinz, we're focused on addressing the most critical environmental and societal challenges affecting our industry and global communities, and finding ways to drive meaningful change – today and in the future," said Kraft Heinz CEO Bernardo Hees said in a statement announcing the report's release. "We began our CSR journey back in 2015 – grounded in the ideals of our founders, J.L. Kraft and H.J. Heinz – and are proud to share the steps we've taken to improve our planet and its people."
The company, which annually discloses its environmental footprint through the CDP, said it has developed and implemented a number of platforms, including a process to improve energy consumption through energy conservation management; an energy metering and monitoring system; and a program to assess and implement renewable energy projects globally. In 2016, the company reported a 3.6% reduction in energy use compared to 2015.
Additionally, Kraft Heinz said it is in the process of implementing renewable energy projects at three manufacturing sites —Fresno, Calif., Albany, Minn., and Aligarh, India—and will continue exploring feasibility for additional projects globally.
The company's full report is available on its website.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Jigar Shah to lead $40 billion DOE clean tech loan effort
- Microsoft, HP, General Motors Headline Final Agenda for In-Person RE Forum
- Mission-Critical Emission Targets Driving Interest in RE Forum
- CEO Alliance Calls for Climate Action at the G7 Summit
- Weekend Reads: Google's Vision of a Carbon-Free HQ; San Diego's RE Future
- Ahold Delhaize Commits to Net-zero Target by 2040
- 2021 Renewable Energy Market Analysis
- 2021 State of Distributed Energy Resources Study
- Leveraging New Technologies to Modernize Infrastructure and Improve Energy Efficiency in America's Cities
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings